Pups On The Curb Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at the careyhilliards.com/contest and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Georgia and South Carolina and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Carey Hilliard’s, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Carey Hilliard’s as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, September 13 th at 12:01 A.M. EST. and ending Wednesday, October 13 th at 11:59 P.M. EST. All online entries must be received by Wednesday October 13 th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at careyhilliards.com/contest. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win. Photo submissions must clearly portray the entrant’s dog at the Carey Hilliard’s Curbside. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Carey Hilliard’s. Optional verbiage to include: You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Carey Hilliard’s.
5. Prizes: (1) Company-Wide Winner (for all 6 locations) the “Winner”), will receive:
- $100 E-Gift Card Carey Hilliard’s (emailed to you). Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award; and
- Your dog’s proud photo, in the Sunday’s Savannah Morning News - Newspaper (likely on Sunday, October 17, 2021).
The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Carey Hilliard’s. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Carey Hilliard’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Carey Hilliard’s to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The prize will be delivered via email and will be subject to the same policies laid out in section 7. The winner also grants permission to Carey Hilliard’s to use their photo in future marketing efforts including but not limited to: newspaper advertisements, social media advertisements, television commercials, in-store promotions, curbside promotions, table-tents and more.
6. Odds: Contestants may only enter once per email address. Repeat photos will not be eligible for submission under another email.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: the “Winner” will be selected for this Company-Wide Campaign based upon the number of recorded votes. The photo with the most votes will receive the (1) $100 Carey Hilliard’s. The winner will be notified via email and grants permission for the photo entry to be used in advertising and promotions identified in Section 5. Carey Hilliard’s shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT Carey Hilliard’s SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that:
- Your dog’s photo may be selected to run in in the Sunday’s Savannah Morning News - Newspaper (likely on Sunday, October 17, 2021).
- Carey Hilliard’s, anyone acting on behalf of Carey Hilliard’s, and Carey Hilliard’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media -provided by you- now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Carey Hilliard’s. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Carey Hilliard’s from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Carey Hilliard’s may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Carey Hilliard’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Carey Hilliard’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Carey Hilliard’s may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Carey Hilliard’s. Carey Hilliard’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Carey Hilliard’s has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Carey Hilliard’s reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Carey Hilliard’s and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Georgia, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, by first, even without Court Order, attending GODR’s local Mediation Center, in Savannah, on Paulsen St. Disputes must be resolved without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Georgia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.